Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Briscoe Sandwich

THEBOY'S got a field trip to the ballpark this morning, and he’s excited.

When getting dressed he wanted to start with purple socks. I tried to explain that his clothes should, you know, MATCH. He finally settled on blue socks, which worked okay.

I put him in tan shorts, a nice striped polo shirt and a ball cap. When he put on his backpack he looked just like one of those little kids in all the Japanese monster movies. For grins I had him point at the sky and say, “Look! It’s Gamera!”

***

The reunited Primus are going to record a new CD later this year.

I loved them back in the day, but they simply refused to grow, and in fact, took a step into juvenile nonsense towards the end. I hope they can cover some more artistic ground. There’s a ton of talent in that lineup.

***

An email from Hood’s wife, Kathy:

hi briscoe. erik didn't believe me when i told him that i would e-mail you and tell you what he did last night. so, make sure you call him and laugh at him for what he did.

last night we went to the frisco roughriders game. as you know, we have those tickets that you can redeem for either a hot dog, chicken sandwich, or a brisket sandwich. well, because brisket sounds a lot like briscoe, he's been using them interchangeably.

he asked me before we got to the game what i was going to eat. i told him that i wanted a brisket sandwich and he said that he wanted a "briscoe sandwich" too.

we get there, step up to order and he orders "two briscoe sandwiches." the girl looked at him confused and he was embarrassed because i couldn't stop laughing at him.

have a nice day and make sure you call him. he still didn't believe that i would e-mail you this morning when he reminded me about it all :)

***

The McClendons just got some terrific news… won’t spill it until it’s confirmed, but it looks like Whit’s transition from drafter to full-time school owner is about to become reality.

***

The Rangers looked pretty flippin’ good winning a 2-1 pitchers’ duel last night. Chan Ho Park went toe to toe with Mike Mussina for most of the game. Offhand I’m guessing neither starter got a decision, but they both pitched deep into the game and looked good. It was a nailbiter of a game on a night when I had to read a couple chapters and take a quiz (scored a 100… I’ll take everything I can to offset the damn 40 I scored on the journal…).

***

It’s Wednesday. I’m starting to feel the love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you're going to change your son's name to Kenny?

Briscoe Sandwich...no comment...

Michael