Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Passenger

Some interesting folks on this KISS tribute album, including Tommy Shaw, Doug Pinnick and Page Hamilton.

Not sure who the hell invited Kip Winger though. Me and some of my pals would still like to kick him in the balls for his cover of “Purple Haze.”

***

Spoke to CompUSA about my iBook last night, and about how three days after I purchased it an updated one with more RAM and a faster processor was released for the same price.

They’ve got a policy to accommodate that: I’ve got 21 days to swap mine. BUT, it has to be in the store first. Curious to see how this’ll play out. At his suggestion, if I get about halfway through that time and the new ones haven’t arrived I’ll talk to a manager.

***

Ever been a passenger with someone who’s driving like an idiot? People around you are pissed off at some bonehead maneuver you can’t believe the driver pulled, and you just wish you could say sorry to them? You pull up at a light and the guy in the next lane is glaring over. You’re trying to find the AC vent so very interesting that you will not look away from it, and the driver continues to yammer, “So THAT’S when I broke up with my 11th girlfriend in 11 weeks…”

***

Got one of those high school prom songs going: “After the Love is Gone” by Earth, Wind and Fire. Man, we felt our emotions so intensely back then. Still, we were just practicing in a way I guess.

***

I remember being just WRECKED from a breakup with a girlfriend. Happened right as the school year ended. I poured my heart out to my friends while we drove around to kill time.

(Remember when gas was cheap enough that we could do that?)

And I said, “Just do me one favor guys. Don’t anybody go near her. Please don’t hit on her or anything.”

But one did anyway. And THAT, boys and girls, is how friendships end.

No comments: