Friday, July 01, 2005

Cranium Nerves and Exploding Brains

Scored a 92 on my psych final. Glad to have that over with! For 85 questions I was breezing along, kicking ass. Last couple weeks I’ve felt like I really understood what the prof wanted us to absorb, and I made this killer study packet (25 pages!) for the final.

But the last 15 questions required us to think instead of just spitting out rote facts. I did okay.

Wish I could forget about school for the weekend, but classes for summer II start Tuesday, and if my textbook comes in the mail today or tomorrow I’d certainly benefit from getting a jump on the reading.

***

Well, the sign is in our yard now, and our house is officially for sale. It’s kinda sad really.

I just hope we can move the place… seems like there are a ton of houses for sale in our area. Most are priced above ours, so hopefully we’ll appeal to people who want to be in that neighborhood but can’t swing some of those prices.

***

Tonight is the Cats baseball game, of course. And now it’s looking like THEBOY and Sterling will spend part of the afternoon at the dreaded CHUCK E. CHEESE today. I hope we’re not setting ourselves up for some serious overstimulation problems.

***

Opened the garage door last night to find Oreo chasing one of those noisy-ass cicadas. I hate those things because of the fearsome noise they make. It’s like it hits a nerve in my cranium or something.

He caught the buzzing/shrieking thing in his mouth and meowed weakly at me as if to say, “What’d I do?”

***

Nice work from Bruiser on the tribute album bit.

***

Jason Falkner’s been doing a handful of shows in the LA area. Hope these are warm-ups for a genuine tour.

***

Just found out that a director I used to work with in Austin is here. For six months I was one of his production assistants at KTBC, back when they were a CBS affiliate. For some reason he liked my work. He had a famous line: Whenever he was impatient for a camera op to get a shot, he’d say, “Hurry before my BRAIN EXPLODES!”

We laughed, but he didn’t.

Anyway, I’ve gotta say hi to the guy first chance I get.

***

Funny, I left that job to take my first traffic job, at KLRU. Now we’ve sort of come full-circle, as I’m in (hopefully) my last traffic job.

***

It’s Friday Friday Friday. Happy happy happy.

No comments: