Friday, July 08, 2005

THEBOY Am He

THEBOY'S class has gone on a pair of field trips to a place called the Wagon Wheel Ranch. There they get to see farm animals and visit with farmers and cowboys.

At breakfast yesterday, THEBOY was talking about the latest trip.

THEBOY: "Roosters can't peck."

Me: "What? Why not?"

THEBOY: "Because they have that thing on their beaks."

Me: "Oh, okay."

THEBOY: "I was trying to help farmer Brian [no relation--ha ha] catch that rooster but I couldn't because it didn't know me."

Me: "Uh..."

THEBOY (ominously): "But the chickens know me..."

***

Not exactly sure what that meant, but it sounded like those chickens better watch their fannies when THEBOY'S around.

***

Sometimes I have so many THEBOY stories that I think I should just rename this little blog after him.

***

"Say THEBOY, there's a police officer here to see you, says he has to give you this piece of paper... why, it's a restraining order... you're no longer allowed to come within 100 yards of the chickens..."

No comments: