Thursday, July 07, 2005

Hand me my space boxers, will you dear?

This thing is trippin’ me out.

***

You know… I need to go to the bathroom, but an incredible storm is raging outside, and I just know the power’s going to go out while I’m in there.

***

I need to see my advisor before registering for fall courses. I emailed him and suggested a couple times to swing by his office.

He then went with an altogether different date and asked if I like Mexican food. Hmm. So this has gone from “I need your signature” to “I need to schmooze over enchiladas.”

***

Every time I write about school I find myself putting “grad” in front of everything. It’s like those bad science fiction films where “space” is added to everything. “Hand me my space boxers, will you dear?”

***

It’s Thursday. Busy as I’ve been, this week is still moving by at a faster clip than last week. Being shorter helps I suppose.

***

Stay dry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Stay dry."

***Stay dry? Here in Austin, we don't wanna stay dry. We're begging for a little wetness. We've had 40 days without rain and the last week of 100+ temperatures. If you don't want that storm, send it down here. Bring it down in your space boxers.

Michael

BB said...

Nah, I just meant for both of my readers to stay dry... we badly need the rain too. I'm watering my grass almost every day and still have big brown patches. As hot and dry as our summers are, I don't believe I'll ever complain about rain.

Anonymous said...

We have just gotten about 20 minutes of pouring down rain. Must be because I broke down and watered the lawn night before last. Feels nice. Yesterday, the a/c ran non-stop and the house was about 79 degrees. Today it is nice and 76 inside.

A.