Tuesday, July 26, 2005

un-burn out

Eminem almost spells Mini Me backwards.

Notice how you never see them together anywhere??

***

I’m sick to death of the Foo Fighters, BUT… “Everlong” has some great drumming. I sit through it for that reason. Otherwise… Grohl et al ain’t doing it for me anymore.

***

Genuinely disturbing, though, is that I am completely burned out on Stevie Ray Vaughan. I hate to admit it, but I’m just not enjoying his stuff at the moment. Maybe he’ll be like Hendrix and I’ll re-discover his work with new passion in a few years.

It started with “Texas Flood.” I got to where I just didn’t want to sit through a long, slow blues workout, even by Stevie. But it’s progressed to the point where I just ain’t feelin’ his stuff at all now.

I’m not knocking SRV. Hey, I’ve got an autographed photo/ticket combo on my wall. This is just burnout.

***

Sometimes I don’t un-burn out though. Like with Steely Dan. I reached a point where I just wanted no more. Maybe it’s because “Reelin’ In the Years” is always playing somewhere.

***

We have confirmation on the lackey departure. That is, Erik Hood is leaving BACS to work for ABC radio. Bump up in pay, mgmt job, closer to home AND he can only give four days’ notice. Perfect!

***

53 minutes until quittin’ time…

No comments: