Sunday, July 31, 2005

$7... Yeah, As If!

Ah, Sunday night and the kids are in bed. House is clean, I’m clean, my beard is trimmed, Kelli and I have folded some clothes and she’s got fresh new red toenails. Seems like the cleanest and most organized we get is in preparation for an upcoming work week.

***

Not too much happened at the trade deadline of interest, though I found it odd to turn on the Orioles/White Sox game tonight and see Eric Byrnes suited up for Baltimore… uh… when did THAT happen? Wasn’t he a newly acquired member of the Rockies a few days ago?

***

By the way, Chan Ho Park is no longer a Ranger. Have I mentioned that? Excuse me while I cackle aloud.

***

We had a pretty good weekend all around. Yesterday Kelli and THEBOY went and saw that penguin movie, which they both enjoyed. THEGIRL'S got the sniffles and wakes up cranky, but both days this weekend she got more chipper as the day went on.

Today we had a 3pm showing on the house, so we scheduled our day around that. We got the house nice and clean, then headed up to the Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine. Today was the last day of some sort of summer festival. That is, there was free stuff for kids to do in a 72 degree atrium.

So let’s see… we saw people dressed like cowboys, some snakes, a petting zoo, balloon artists, a psychic (who must have known Kelli was coming, because she closed up shop when Kelli was next in line…)

***

Just kidding babe.

***

Both kids also enjoyed the Texan’s built-in features, like the riverwalk, fountains, and Euro-trash tourists draped all over the lobby furniture.

***

No one was in the toll booth as we left the parking lot. The sign said to scan a credit card to pay the $7. Yeeeeah... um, well actually, no.

***

After that we had a solid dinner at Tia’s in Grapevine. Kelli had a gift certificate, so we pigged out for a total of about $14 with tip. Greatness!

***

Maybe I get my groceries at the same place too often, as today the checker told me to tell my kids hello.

***

I’ve got to bear down this week and make a good, solid push in my psych class. I’ve got a low A in there, which I’d like to keep. Of course, that means doing well on one more quiz, one more online discussion, and of course, the final this Thursday.

***

Ya’ll take care and have a great week yourselves.

No comments: